Catechism of the Catholic Church 1213
Our parish requires attendance to one Baptismal preparation session before the Baptism takes place. The preparation class is held quarterly in our parish. Baptisms are offered one Saturday a month in English and one Saturday a month in Spanish.
Infant Baptism (infants and children under the age of 7) is the normative way to begin the initiation of children into the Church.
- Contact St. Mary as soon as possible after the birth of their child;
- Bring the child’s birth certificate;
- Parents are required to attend Baptismal preparation presentation.
Only one Godparent is required for Baptism. The Godparent (sponsor):
- Be designated by the parents or the one who takes their place.
- Have completed the 16th year.
- Be a practicing Catholic who has been confirmed and has already received the sacrament of the Eucharist and leads a life in harmony with the faith and the role to be undertaken.
- If married, is in a valid Catholic marriage.
- Not bound by any canonical penalty.
- Not be the mother of the father of the one to be baptized.
- Complete the Baptism Sponsor Covenant form.